The S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math) film series increases knowledge of S.T.E.M. awareness, careers and the importance of parent involvement with their child’s education – specifically in math and science. Special emphasis is placed on increasing the participation of Latinas in S.T.E.M.
The S.T.E.M. Film series can be delivered in various settings such as classrooms, after school programs, community colleges, and across various media platforms, DVD, Internet, and Television.
- Help students from economically diverse communities plan for a S.T.E.M. career and aspire to be the first in their family to attend college.
- Increase underrepresented students in S.T.E.M. Fields by encouraging parent-involvement and rigorous study.
- Highlight S.T.E.M. Mentor relationships that help students successfully transition from high school, to community colleges, and into 4-year colleges.
- Develop innovative and creative communication tools that will attract young people’s attention to S.T.E.M. and encourage students to focus on math and sciences – ultimately seeking the correct higher education pathway to college.
- Produce customized S.T.E.M. films that educate Latino teens and parents about the connection between educational attainment and financial success.
- Produce S.T.E.M digital media tools will be used with a variety of audiences: Latino teens, parents, service providers, and practitioners – for various settings: a classroom, at home, conferences, and across various media platforms.
- Facilitate Town Hall Forums called “Noche de Cine” that help increase community S.T.E.M. awareness.